240V mod to trigger gap?

Original poster: "Stacy Gillett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgillett-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi List,

First off, I'd like to say congratulations to Ted for giving us such a well
thought-out article on the TSG.  Once I outgrow my RQ gap, I'll definitely
have to give it a go.

However, as I live in Australia, I was wondering what modifications I would
need to make to the design to get it to run on 240V / 50Hz.  Anyone got any
ideas?

On a totally unrelated topic, is it OK to connect tank caps in parallel that
use different dielectrics?  I was thinking of building a 0.012uF MMC to
connect in parallel with my existing 0.012uF saltwater caps to give me a
0.024uF cap.  I'm inclined to think that this will work just fine, but I
thought I'd ask the list first...

Thanks,

Stacy Gillett
http://www.student.unimelb.edu.au/~stacycg/