Primary diameters, double primary

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Hi All,

When I was using the java TC program, it indicated that a flat secondary of
12 turns with an inner diameter of 8", made of 1/4 tubing spaced .3 of an
inch apart would make a secondary around 21" in diameter. I accepted it
without thinking about it. When I went to lay out the support pieces, I
realized that 21" is the space required for the turns, NOT the diameter. So
to make the primary indicated above would be just about 48".  I just don't
have the room to store a 4'x4' stand for it.

So, a double layered primary? Any other options? I seriously CAN'T have a
4'x4' primary, I live in a tiny cabin in the middle of the woods and my shed
is STUFFED!

Thanks all!

Jonathan Peakall