terminology help for newbie (pleeze<=)>

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jbdetails-at-prodigy-dot-net>

   I am new to the technical side of electronics so sometimes terms
used are a little confusing. Could someone possibly point me towards
a web site or explain to me what "MOV, Coupling, KVA, and maybe
somewhere that explains AC motor speed control. (specifically a 1/3hp
AC motor that has windings around the rotor, no windings in the
rotor, and doesn't require a capacitor)

Thanks,
    Bob Bozarth