RE: 2 layer primary puzzle

Original poster: "Stolz, Mark by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mark.Stolz-at-st-systems-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"

><m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>
>
>Hi James,
>           You might like to consider the following approach to tuning:
>
>On 26 Sep 2001, at 22:13, Tesla list wrote:
>
> > Original poster: "James T by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><jamest2000-at-att-dot-net>
> >
> >  Thanks to ALL you guys!
> > I got to play with my 2 layer primary tonight. I was able to get the
>proper
> > inductance by connecting the
> > top/inner to the bottom/outer turns. I also fliped the bottom coil and
>that
> > also did the trick, exactly
> > as described.
> >  I thought it was interesting that I could rotate the top coil and this
> > would vary the inductance quite
> > a bit. It would be a mechanical challenge the make an adjustable primary

>by
> > rotating the two primarys
> > about the axis.
>
>You can significantly alter primary inductance by varying the
>distance between the two layers. If you arrange to say lower the
>bottom spiral you should be able to get a wide tuning range without
>affecting pri-sec coupling too much.
>
>Malcolm

Malcolm,

Do you have any pictures of your setup that you could post a link to.  I
would love to see a good example of the two layer primary.  I thought you
had posted one, but I can't find it in the archives.

Mark Stolz
G-2 #1049
Houston, TX