Re: tube coils

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Greg,
  I imagine those big uns are rectifier tubes.  I am not sure if you can power
a tube coil with them or not, but perhaps you can make a list of the
manufacturer and model numbers of them.   I'd list all the bigger ones first
because chances are they'd be able to handle more power.   Then someone could
possibly tell you.  Chances are you can find the manufacturer's website and
find data sheets on them too.  I have a tube amplifier and found the data
sheets for the tubes used in it with cross references to othe brands and their
model numbers.
   The x-ray machine is likely to have a lot of cool components like
transformers, capacitors etc that might be useful-if not for Tesla coils - at
least HV fun.  I got some good HV caps and two nice ferrite core transformers
from a x-ray power supply. They are good for up to 4.8kVA output and are
incredibly small compared to a regular HV transformer of similar power.
Mike