Re: SW bottle caps

Original poster: "ROBERT L BOZARTH JR. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jbdetails-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Mike, all,

The subject of saltwater caps is like a hardy weed--it
just keeps coming back. I think I understand why. Did
the power boat eliminate the sailboat? Did the
internet chat room do away with amateur radio? No and
no! Sometimes, it's just fun to do things the "old
fashioned" way, and SW caps go back to the very
beginning with the great man himself, don't they?
Besides, they still have their strong points. They are
cheap, sturdy, and universally available. For the
starving student who can't afford a plastic cap, or
the newbie who isn't sure he'll stick with the hobby &
doesn't want to sink in a bunch of $$$, for the 3rd
world coiler who can hardly find any electrical stuff
in his country, SW caps still make sense. I've found a
lasting niche for them in my 6" pole pig system. After
the pole pig ate my expensive MMC for a light snack, I
went to beer bottles and haven't spilled any brine
yet. I've recovered financially to the point where I
could replace the beer bottles with a big array of
Mike Tucknott's excellent surplus blue caps (thanks
Mike!). I'm just not sure I want to anymore. I kind of
like that big raft of bottles on the garage floor. It
adds character.

Regards,

Greg

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaamen to that !