Re: Does there exist eye wear that block multiple radiation likeUV , IR , X-RAY ...

Original poster: "S.Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Kay,

I saw an article on the NASA news website one about an experiment involving
boiling water in space. "So what the **** does this have to do with eye
protection?!!" you might ask. Well they needed to be able to see the water
inside the pot to observe the effect so they coated a Pyrex vessel with a
micro thin coating of gold and passed an electrical current through it to
heat the water. Yes a see through conductive coating! That has the RF
shielding part covered.

Lead glass is what we used at work when we wanted to safely peek in at an X
Ray monoblock to see if it was emitting smoke or any unusual colors during
operation. The stuff was a half inch thick!
1/4" thick lead glass plates can be obtained from in front of some old TV
set cathode ray tubes. I found one in an old B/W set.

So here's what might work: You take the lead glass and give it that micro
thin gold coating. You electrically bond this this visor portion very well
to a metal helmet (preferably lead lined) and thus creating an RF, UV, X Ray
blocking head piece!!

Now I know that Terry is probably asking: "So what the **** does this have
to do with tesla coils?!!" So now I will mention coiling. X Rays will not be
produced by a tesla coil unless you play with vacuum tubes or small
decorator bulbs. Some people will argue that bulbs will not produce X-Rays
because there is no heavy metal target, but I found one small bulb in my
collection that does produce X-Rays when placed on top of even my smallest
coil. This was confirmed by my GM tube type detector (which addresses
another question on here that was already answered). For those newer folks
who have no means of X-Ray detection, I will reiterate from the archives: If
the bulb has no streamers inside, if the glass envelope and/or other stuff
inside the bulb or tube is glowing beautiful fluorescent colors, then stop
what you are doing because you are getting X-Rays.
To make a long story short, you don't need the helmet, but I wanted to show
that something like that can be produced, and might have an application
somewhere in this vast world we live in. This will be my first and last post
on this OT thread :-).

Sue