From: <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>Tesla list
Date: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 05:44:57 PM
To: <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Jacobs ladders

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Hi,

6500v ought to be enough for a small JL. The reason the arc climbs is that
when the arc jumps accross the bottom, it creates ionized air. Ionized air
is a decent conductor, and since it is warm, it rises. The arc follows it up
the ladder, as it is the lowest resitance path.

Jonathan Peakall

> This helps but how much power does one need? In my coil I have a
> transformer that puts out 6500 volts, would that be sufficent? I was also
> wondering if anyone could tell me what causes the arc to move up the
> elements? I have always wondered this.
>
> 73,Kcoion,"Ion-Boy"

 IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved -
<http://www.incredimail-dot-com/redir.asp?ad_id=540>Click Here