Re: Jacobs ladders

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Hi,

6500v ought to be enough for a small JL. The reason the arc climbs is that
when the arc jumps accross the bottom, it creates ionized air. Ionized air
is a decent conductor, and since it is warm, it rises. The arc follows it up
the ladder, as it is the lowest resitance path.

Jonathan Peakall