Re: VTTC - audio modulation

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Herwig, All!

>I'm not familiar with rf amps (certainly you have noticed this
>already), but doesn't "class B" mean, that 2(!) tubes/transistors are
>operated in push pull service? I really want to learn more about the
>theory before I start frying my VTTC  ;-)

In audio service yes, but in rf service where the plate load is a
tuned circuit, the flywheel effect of the tuned circuit makes up the
other half of the cycle.  There is no law against building push-pull
rf amps, they appeal to the sense of symmetry and there is inherent
cancellation of even harmonics, also they tend to give better
performance at the high frequency end of a valve's working range, but
other than that, single-ended class B is fine for linear rf service.

>Tomorrow I'll visit a ham fest and hopefully get some (printed)
>information.

Happy hunting!

>> "Low" loudness is thus very much a relative term :-)
>- What did you say?  :-)

"Ohrtrompete meiner Großmutter ist angeschlagen worden durch Blitz"
;-)

Dunckx
Geek#1113 G-1