Re: transformers

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Godfrey and all,

These are not usually used for neon lighting - instead, these are "cold
cathode lighting transformers", used for specialized (cove, indirect and
architectural) lighting. They most often come in voltages of 5,000, 7,500,
9,000, 12,000, and 15,000 volts at 120 MA. However, these are much rarer
than NST's, and even neon equipment distributors deal with these only very
infrequently. BTW, in the last 6 years of coiling, I've yet to come across
one...

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>