Re: ballast bobbin...again

Original poster: "Matt Shayka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <flyboxboy-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Waht type of ballast are you trying to make? There are some very large
ballasts in those long flourescent tube circuts. I don't know how suitable
they are for current limiting on xfmrs. If you are looking at winding your
own, try making a bobbin out of thick oaktag stock. Glue it all together and
wind and put it on the core and good luck!