Re: SG electrodes

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <CHURCHMON-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Mike, I have experimented with aluminum in both rotary and static gap
situations.
Unfortunatly AL has a tendancy to oxidize badly in these conditions,therfore
creating an unstable or eratic gap fireing. As to the question reguarding
electrode shape ,I've
seen both the hemispherical and flat faced gaps and both work well.The thing
to note
in these situations is that there are no sharp edges, this causes both
ecsessive heating and wear in either case thus causing unstable fireing.I'm
currently waiting to compete my "New SRSG" so I can give more results
reguarding the Q of the gap and primary circuit ,I'll post my findings when (
if ) I get the motor :)

Mike Church (CHURCHMON)-at-aol