Re: Ion Motors / Electrostatic Pendulum

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Has anyone ever made one of the pendulums like mine before? I'd like to know
> if it's been researched. If not....I'm really on my own, and that would
> bite, however, I *could* give it a name :) The Boden Electrostatic
> Pendulum...not as cool as a Potter-Bucky Diaphram (don't ask me what it is,I
> don't know. I just know I have one in stock.).....but cool, lol

The effect is not fundamentally different from what happens if you
connect the pendulum to a XVIII century electrostatic machine, but
the power of the NST makes an interesting difference, that is the
stretching of the arc as the pendulum moves away, as in a Jacob's
ladder. The pressure of the air heated by the arc appears also to be
the main force pushing the pendulum, not the unbalance of electrostatic
forces. Maybe the "Boden arc pendulum"?
With two balls it's a quite interesting variation of the Jacob's
ladder (http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/pendulum.jpg).
Would it work with a Tesla coil as power source?

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz