Re: first coil help

Hi Ryan, Terry,

Ryan,
As you will notice, we sometimes differ in frequencies and therefore tuning
when
replying to specs (usually were pretty close). Please note however, most
everyone
is thinking the cap and/or tuning as what appears to be the problem at this
point
in time.

Also, if you get up the gumption, disconnect the bottle caps and run them
down to
some place (RadioShack or wherever) that can measure the capacitance with a
meter.
Once you know your cap value, tuning is pretty accurate via calcs.

Terry,
the frequency of 450kHz appears high by 75kHz. Curious, is this E-Tesla6?
Reason
I'm asking
is the sphere is about 3 inches in diameter (which may show a limitation to
standard calcs). I used both his height/width values and then adjusted
height to
acheive turns and still only acheived 375kHz.

Take care,
Bart