Re: Does it matter which way i wind my secondary?

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Jan,
Mike is correct here. Flip a secondary and the winding direction does not
change. Flip a conical or
flat primary and it "does" change. Secondary's are wound vertically -
that's the problem. With the
primary's mentioned, the inner winding remains in the center and allows the
start point of the winding
thus changing direction. I think a flat shoestring works well as an
analogy. Wind it like a secondary
and look at it in both directions - winding direction doesn't change. Wind
the shoe string like a flat
primary and look at it in both directions - winding direction does change.

Anytime you want to position the windings in the same or opposite
directions, flip the primary (easier
said than done).

Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>