RE: RQ gaps was -JF efficiency theory (again) - A possible work around.

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garry-at-ndfc-dot-com>

I remember reading that glass tends to block ultraviolet and for that
reason, they make black lights with a special glass that lets the uv
through. I also remember that certain plastics that are used in sunglasses
also block UV.

I was wondering if maybe the degradation could be reduced by slipping thin
strips of glass or this plastic between the gaps would help. Or maybe if
certain varnishes might block UV and maybe the interior of the pvc could be
coated with this?

I also wonder if the ozone or nitrous oxide in the gap might also be
contributing to the degradation. Since the gap is constantly producing NO
and 03, it would always be present to some degree.