I Need Electrical Help!(author's response)

Original poster: "Drew Murray by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <drewallmighty-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ok,
I got my PT today. Its a beauty. 4200v : 120v  A little less than i wanted
but it will do. NOW I SEE WHY CURRENT LIMITORS ARE NEEDED!!!!
I hooked up an extension cord to the PT, plugged it into my variac/ amp
meter, unit, bent two wires so that they were about an inch apart, stood
back, flicked the switch and slowly turned the variac. As soon as an arc
formed,,,,,,,BANG POP BZZZZZZZZ *Flick* ,,,,,,,,,I'm in the dark. DArN! It
dimmed the lights in that wing of the school, and temporarily welded the
slider thingy on my variac to the windings. Now i have it limited with one
of my burned out OBITs. I managed to tweak my 35 lbs 120:240v transformer so
that it put out 300v. Lotsa amps on the 300v side too(big core i think). I
have my obit in a series with my PT, and hooked up to the 300v xfmr, all of
which is enclosed in metal casing, (Very professionally built). when i run
the pt on 300v i will be getting...................300x35=10500.....10500v.
the pt is rated for 1000va and it has two huge ass fuses on the top. I got
it for $5 from the surpluss dude at N.B Power. Its brand new. ABB Power T &
D Company Inc.
Thanx for your help and more comments would be appriciated.
                                                       Prof, Drew