Re: Meissner oscillator and Other VTTC circuits

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

david,
this is a fantastic idea and much needed. i have wanted to build a vttc
for about two years now, but while trying to find the very limited
information available out there, there is the added problem of the
lingo. it seems that everyone that builds a vttc, or anything having to
do with tubes for that matter (we wont even get into the ham radio and
amplifier folks, shew!), rattles of the design and operation like we are
born with electron tube knowledge from the git go? a close group indeed.
i'm not downing those in the know, but most of this time i have been
trying to learn and understand what each and every part of the circuits
are doing and how they are built. it will be refreshing if you could
explain each part of the circuits in a language that anyone with a
little electrical experience can follow and understand. after dr.
duncans fine work with the quick and dirty vttc i feel a little more
confident that i can, at the least, keep from letting the smoke out of
the components. i'm starting small and if i manage to get even one tube
to glow i will be happy.
i will be patiently waiting for your article to be finished.
thanks a bunch from all us non tubies out here,
marc

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Trimmell by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>