Re: Meissner oscillator and Other VTTC circuits

Original poster: "David Trimmell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>

Herwig, all,

I am in the thought stage of writing a introductory article on VTTC's,
primarily because there really is not much info available on this
subject. Much information is available on old valve based radio
engineering principles, but for the novice just wanting to construct a
VTTC, many of these principles can lead to confusion and feeling
overwhelmed. Vacuum Tube Tesla Coils appear to be a novelty of radio
engineering, I am interested in their history and any applicable uses
(aside from *just* making sparks). Some people on this list must know the
history of the various circuits used as VTTC's? I am also interested in
schematics of the various circuits that have been used, as the Hartley
(sp?), Armstrong, etc. If anyone can help me out here, I would be very
appreciative.

This is a project that I do not see completion before this Summer, as time
is short for myself. Any help would be most usefull. If amyone wants to
help, let me know by personal e-mail. I am just starting on a outline of
the document, and will start with a introduction to Vacuum tubes and brief
history of their uses, especially as circuits close to modern VTTC's. I
will post the outline when completed. Any comments/sugestions welcome.

Regards,

David Trimmell
www.ChaoticUniverse-dot-com

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>