Re: Then I guess this doesn't count either....*

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Ed, List

Leyland Anderson's book on Tesla is very fascinating.  It was a legal
deposition
given to a lawyer (who just happened to also be an Electrical Engineer)
concerning
Tesla priorities in radio, and his high frequency research circa 1891
(approximately)
to post Wardenclyffe (1905-1910).  This work served to eventually prove
priority of Tesla over Marconi.  This book is a gold mine in that:
1.  It was transcribed verbatim from Tesla's lips.
2.  It clearly enumerates what Tesla proposed to do (Theory) versus what were
the
     results of his experimentation (factual evidence) in chronological time.
3.  Shows clearly experimental track from original TC patents to Colorado
Springs
     work to Wardenclyffe.
4.  Illustrated future advances and experimental directions in which Tesla
intended
     to follow, but was prevented from pursing due to lack of capital, lab
space, etc..
5.  It is written in a style of us members on the list sitting down with a cup
of coffee
     and discussing the most fruitful 20 years of Tesla's existence with the
Master
     himself!!!
Many photos of the interior of Wardenclyffe were shown for the first time.  The

actual oscillator/resonator structure was not shown, but the power generation
(200 kW steam powered alternator) and "primary" power conditioning equipment
was shown.  3 transformers of the same "frame" size as the 50 kW Westinghouse
transformer used at Colorado Springs  were clearly shown, which prompted my
earlier posting that there is at least circumstantial evidence that polyphase
HV power was going to be used.

An AC/DC multiphase SG/converter was also shown in the middle of the equipment
as discussed at length in this book, as well as posted and discussed on this
list
within the past several weeks.  According to Cheney's Book (Man out of Time),
if Wardenclyffe operated at all, it was certainly less then 2 months, and maybe
as
short as several weeks.  There was stories run in local NYC concerning wild
happenings at night, etc. etc.  But no pictures, no hard evidence, and a lot of

sensationalism to sell papers (gee it sounds like 2001... 101 years ago  :^)  )

Tesla ran out of money, time, and resources.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA