Re: Triggered Tap Testing

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 06:48 PM 11/08/01 -0600, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Alex Madsen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<alexmadsen-at-yahoo-dot-com>

>I am in the process of constructing a trigger gap and I have a few
>questions.
>1. What current do most trigger gaps draw assuming a 150 watt load
>resistor?
>2. Where can I get some doorknob cap(s) cheep and are they necessary for
>good performance?
>3.  How important is a line filter and where can I get one cheep. I do keep
>some electronics plugged in while I am running the coil.
>Alex Madsen
># 1147

Hi Alex,

1) while testing mine it seemed to draw about 2 amps, measured with
   an analog meter...peaks likely where much higher.

2) try an old TV repair shop...one that's been in business for quite
   a few years...they where used in old B & W sets on the H.V. rect.

3) check with a business equipment dealer...I got mine from old copy
   machines they where trashing for parts...cost, zippo!

Good luck with your triggered gap,

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca