Re: sound responsive coils? just an idea

Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

> i was thinking about lightning when i remembered my sound responsive plasma

> sphere and the existence of sound responsive luminglass.  how could one go

> about making a sound respnsive tesla coil?

This can be done with a vacuum tube tesla coil or a solid state TC
(but very likely not with a standard spark-gap TC). You could also use
a TV flyback instead of a big TC secondary&primary setup (I'm building
one currently,
http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla/tv-driver/schematics.htm, it works
ok, but the audio section schematic displayed on the page is not quite
up-to-date yet...)

For more of audio response and less of long streamers, see:

http://www.geocities-dot-com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/1866/plasma.htm

http://members.aol-dot-com/uhaumann/eplasma.htm

http://www.ece.villanova.edu/~cdanjo/plasma.html

http://www.hardcoreaudio.de/index0.htm

> P.S. how do you make luminglass? anybody know?

Something along the same principles is described in the US patent no.
4,956,577 (inventor is William P. Parker) - you could consider it
luminglass with different electrodes. T.ex. use
http://www.delphion-dot-com

http://www.delphion-dot-com/details?&pn10=US04956577
http://www.delphion-dot-com/details?&pn10=US04887003

greetz,