Re: ground rules

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

Your power supply sounds too small. I'm assuming its a 6000v NST. If its a
6000v/60ma NST then I think it might be too small for a 6" coil. Only 360VA,
someone else can probably confirm if this isn't strong enough for a 6"
secondary. Using the formula Sq.Rt. of power times 1.7 to estimate max.
performance acheivable with a P. Supply at the best you could get 32." I hope
I didn't waste my time typing this and your time reading this because you
have a better supply. Not that I don't want you to have a better supply.