From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 6:06 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: "plate" capacitors

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

The original party plate caps I built failed after a loose connection
burned
the lid and wore through a peice of foil. I fixed the connection but I
thought it would be difficult to get all the foil and smoke contaminated
oil
out. The dielectric punctured after running for a short time. I'm
building
another one, this time it will be 10nf so I won't need the MMC at all.
If I
use al. flashing so everything lays flatter will I be able to get away
with
not using oil?