A Little more than general questions IIl

Original poster: "Wade B AndB Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <nabedaw-at-juno-dot-com>

Thanks again to Greg, John, and Matt,

Greg......... what inductance formula did you use??? It's been 10 years
since my electrical schooling, so if some of my questions seem a little
to the left, it's because they are.:) I spend more time than I'd like
refreshing my memory.

How did you come up with a resonant freq. of 70 khz??  I'm familiar with
Fr = 1 / 2(pie) (LC) and the Q of the coil.

Q = Xl / Rw        Xl = Inductive reactance     Rw = winding resistance

As well as
Xl = 2(pie)FL
Xc = 1 / 2(pie)FC

This kind of flows into my next question.   Where is the high frequency
generated from??? Is it coming from the RC time constant of the tank
capacitor???

Now when the air is ionized at the spark gap, a very high current is
flowing, yes??? And when current flows in a conductor, it creates a
polarized magnetic field yes??? Is the affect the same through the
ionized air??? I would imagine so. The same thing would happen with the
streamers from the toriod, true???

John.......I wasn't able to download setup.lst from your site. It just
comes up as page cannot be found???

Matt.....In the formula for inductance that you listed L =
u(micro)henries. Did you intend to say milli(m)henries, or is
micro(u)henries correct???

Well enough questions for one day.

Thanks again guys,

Wade