Re: Brass electrodes: was- A Little more than general questions II

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

> Marc's right - tungsten is best, especially in places where you only need a
> bit, like on the electrodes of an RSG. However, brass and copper are great
> for everything elso, because they are cheap! I have never found a place to
> get tungsten carbide cheap... can you help me with this marc? I live in the
> UK.
>
> Jason

> i have to disagree, i still maintain that tungsten carbide is hands down
> the best electrode material there is. anyone that takes the initiative
> to try it will agree if they've tried many different materials.
> absolutely no wear, good conductivity, great sinking ability and super
> cheap all adds up to far and above all else.
> marc m.

Jason,

Pure tungsten and tungsten carbide are not the same thing.

Ed Wingate RATCB