UK Teslathon Saturday 26th May, Corby

Original poster: "Alan Sharp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com>

The next UK Teslathon is will be   on Saturday 26th May 2001, at St
Ninian's church hall,   Corby,
Northamptonshire

Hot News - we are putting together an A team, Richie, Mike, Brian, Bob to
try to break the 10 foot
discharge that was achieved last year. We hope to be coupling together the
Frankenstien and
Bride of Frankenstien coils - yes they are a matched pair. Not sure what
kind of arc length may be
achieved - not even sure if there will be a safe viewing point in the hall
:-)

We should have a number of conventional coils, solid state and valve coils.

More details,  maps etc on my web site
www.alansharp.co.uk
or
http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/alansharp/

  Safety
  This is an event for coilers who understand the risks of High Voltage.
  You will be responsible for your own safety at the event.
  Sorry but from a safety point of view I am not prepared to   admit any
children
 - too many coils, hv supplies and wires lying   about.
  Also on safety we do not want exploding capacitors, or rotary   gaps that
will break up at speed,
 or large unballasted power supplies that   are going to blow all the
fuses. If you are not confident
 of your equipment   - don't bring it - or at least don't switch it on.

If you can please bring   a CO2 extinguisher.

  Programme
  9am onwards hall open for those setting up coils.
  10.30am arrivals tea/coffee registration.
  11am onwards demonstrations.
  12.30am Lunch - there will be tea and coffee, bring your own sandwiches
or
  there is a chip shop, grocers, and a Chinese take away just across the
street.
  1.30pm more demo's
  3pm or whenever, finish.
  We'll also have tables for bring and buy
  If you are bringing a coil let me know. We are limited by 13A wall plugs
 and poor earths -
  though  we get good results using the central heating   pipes. There is
no vulnerable
 electronics equipment in the church  hall.

 There is no admission charge but you may wish to make a small donation
(suggest £3)
 to Ekwendeni hospital in Malawi which the church supports. Any money that
we make from Tea / Coffee
 will also go to the hospital.

I am grateful to Steve Rodway,  Legion Electronics, (who does this stuff
professionally), for meeting the
costs of this event.

Alan Sharp