RE: special disk capacitor question

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Shaun

If the caps are from a big X-ray power supply, I would think that they could
handle the current output from a neon sign transformer. The currents
produced by big X-ray supplies are in the hundreds of milliamperes. The
biggest neon sign transformer I have is 15KV/120MA, and I don't expect to
ever find another. However if the caps are from a small dental X-ray unit,
you may have to parallel some of the caps. The current in a small dental
unit is less than 30MA. I just don't think that you would find 16 caps in
tubehead, so your X-ray power supply must be large.

Godfrey Loudner