Re: Polyurethane drying time?

Hi Jon.  I gave my form many coats of poly at two hour intervals until
the form was nearly perfectly smooth, I then sanded the form lightly with
220 grit sandpaper and applied a final coat of poly which I let sit for
several days, undisturbed.. The end result was a perfectly smooth form
with no wire ripples whatsoever.  It was like a sheet of glass.  I did
use a fan forced electric heater blowing across the form continuously
while I applied the coats, this made them dry successively faster as the
form gained heat.  The last and finish coat I let air dry without any
forced heat.  Al.