Re: Splicing

In a message dated 9/11/00 6:51:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I know splicing is generally looked on as a "no-no" but I think since it is
>  not the main winding, I should be OK.
>
>  Thanks to all.
>
>  Ted
>  AKA
>  Ted Rosenberg

Ted,

Nothing wrong with splicing even for any part of the secondary.
I usually file the wire to a taper on one side, sort of an inclined
plane appearance on both wire ends, then I overlap them.  the
inclined planes match up to give a wire that is no thicker than
normal, but have a large soldered contact area.  I do not remove
any insulation from the enameled wire.  This way the solder only
sticks to the filed (inclined) areas.

John Freau