Re: 1500-3000 turn coils

Hi Ralph

For your question, if I understand Mark, he speak of a ratio 10 unit of length
to one unit of diameter and from what I know the best ratio for a tesla is 5/1,
the bipolar is just 2 coil joint by the base and sharing the primary.

>From what I know again  the big problem with bipolar is coupling, often over
coupling, it 's not easy as for a regular coil to change it ( you can't
rise the
secondary you need to increases the distance between the inner turn of the
primary and the secondary or split your secondary in 2 and move apart the 2
half
) Many people use a solenoid primary  and have arc between primary and
secondary. I could understand your misadventures.

Sooo much to learn .... From your previous post  I note: you already know a lot
and any way we all have a lot to learn that's why we are on this list.

Have fun with your projects.

Luc Benard