Re: NST Study results

Hi Al,

	In general, they do add in a linear way.  So if you double the NSTs, you
double the PFC capacitance.  However, that assumes that the primary
capacitance doubles too.  If you leave the primary cap the same, then two
transformers will be driving that primary cap value.  So you would use the
chart number for 1/2 the Cprimary.

	Just think of it as two completely separate primaries that you are
paralleling up.

In general, Adding PFC caps will cut the current draw by about 1/2.  Thus,
you can run twice the NST on the same variac and AC line fuse.

Cheers,

	Terry

At 04:12 PM 9/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Very nice Terry!  Thank you for compiling all this data!  I shall now use
>it to apply PFC to my coil.  Would it hold true then that two 15kv -at-
>60ma. neons would need roughly 340 to 400 mf of PFC (meaning, using your
>chart data for current and pfc for one neon, would it hold true that the
>pfc needed would be double for two neons?).  Al.
>
>On Sat, 09 Sep 2000 22:11:59 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>writes:
>> Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have posted the results (so far) of my NST study at:
>>
>> http://216.160.168.190/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTStudy/NSTStudy.htm
>>
>> The main site is 'now' at:
>> http://216.160.168.190/TeslaCoils/TeslaCoils.htm
>> Note that this site's address occasionally changes (like it did
>> Thursday ;-))

snip...