dieletric strength question

I had a friend pose me the following question that someone on the
list probably can answer off the top of his or her head.
Here's the question.

"I've made a capacitor out of double sided epoxy circuit board for
the cold end of the resonator in the two meter cavity amp. It needs
to take 3KV and just by looks I'd say it does. Guess as a last
resort I could hook it up to HV but my heart won't take many more
shotgun explosions going off in the shack.
It measures .050, including the copper, which is a few mils."

Any help in determining a ball park puncture voltage would be most
appreciated.

Jeff Montgomery
Palestine, Texas