Re: blown NST's

Richard
    Ross O uses his "1/2 NST" that is unpotted. Occasionally it can be seen
spitting out some oil/tar goo that wasn't removed during his depotting. His
site can be seen at http://users.better-dot-org/roverstreet .
    I have also depotted an NST(which i recently gave away). I first melted
out the majority of the tar on my bbq grill. After that I used a dremmel
combined w/ a big hammer and chisel to cut off one of the long sides and then
went in and cleaned out more tar to free up the core and windings. from
there, i cleaned more and soaked the sucker in gasoline for a few days before
doing more cleaning. I did the soak and clean method a few times. Since gas
rates were sky high when i did this, i didn't change the gas each time i
resoaked since it was about 3 gallons of gas (and i didn't have anywhere to
throw the gas away at). What you have to watch for is not to cut your fingers
on the sharp metal and not to get high on gas. good luck
-Alan

In a message dated 9/6/00 1:47:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com