Re: Hello everyone!

     Hello Ashish!

     I think you are our only member on the Indian Subcontinent, but I
     could be wrong.

     If you can't find an NST, another source is microwave oven
     transformers.  These may be easier to find.  I have not used them so I
     am not a good person to give you advice about them, but others on the
     list have had success.  I believe one common setup is to use two in
     series to increase the voltage and a third to provide current
     limiting.  I'm just swinging in the dark here, so definitely do more
     research on MOTs.

     Also, they do not have internal current limiting, so be REALLY
     careful, or they will kill you dead:(  I don't know anything about
     ignition coils either.

     I do know dimmers usually can't handle much current.  I would avoid
     them.

     The cap size depends on the voltage and current of the transformers.
     I would get either the cap or the transformer, and size one to the
     other, whichever is easiest.

     If there is insulation between the strands of your primary wire, that
     might not be such a good choice.  I have heard of people using coaxial
     cable.  Copper refrigerator tube should not be too hard to find
     either, either from a hardware store or an appliance repair shop.  You
     can also use copper or aluminum ribbon, or just a really thick wire
     like welding cable.  If the wire is insulated it's just a pain in the
     ass to tap the primary, because you have to scrape off the insulation
     to attach the tap point.  This is why people use the bare copper
     tubing.

     good luck!

     paul