RE: spark gap

Nick:
There are many varieties of static gaps. I'd like to suggest looking at my
very simple design I call the TTL gap. Basically I use nine, 1.75 diam, x
2.25 inch copper sweat couplings with 1/2x1/2 aluminum channel attached with
1/4-20 short screws. They look like lollypop sticks. All nine are arranged
side by side on a wooden fixture that is covered like veneer with ceramic
tile (2.5x6") for heat protection (and spark protection). A separate
clamping bar is tightened after you insert 3 playing cards between tubes for
gap spacing (then withdrawn once tightened.) I miced the cards to confirm
the gap for my coil.

Photos can be seen at http://www.flash-dot-net/~ford29/tesla

It's easy and cheap and it stays almost room temp with no fan for my 900W
coil.

Safety First

Ted AKA
Ted Rosenberg
Geek Group Member #1030
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

Subject: spark gap

Original poster: "Nick Graber" <nickgraber-at-home-dot-com>

Iv hurd of people making multi spark gaps with a sheet of plexy glass and
several cper pipes bolted to it then bent so all the pipes were evenly
spaced
an I would be interested in the same I was wondering if anyone had a picture
of
such or tips on making one with that kind of style thanks.

Nick Graber
<mailto:nickgraber-at-home-dot-com>nickgraber-at-home-dot-com