RE: How many pounds wire for winding this secondary?

Garry,

That depends on what build wire you use.  There are single, heavy(double),
triple and quadruple.  I used double build #28 on my coil;
http://communities.msn-dot-com/WeaselsTeslaCoil 22 5/8" on a 4.5" OD form.

single build; typical diameter 0.0137
so thats approx 2,190 turns,
3,440 feet
-at- 2,028 ft/lb thats 1.7lbs

double build; typical diameter 0.0144
so thats approx 2,083 turns,
3,272 feet
-at- 1,987 ft/lb thats 1.65lbs

Here is the link I used for tha calcs; http://www.mwswire-dot-com/insdia2.htm
I averaged 68.5 tpi with the double formvar #28 magnet wire I had, which
falls close to the nom rating of that particular wire on the chart.

P.S. Please let me know if you wind this what you used and what kind of
output you get.

have fun!
John M.

Original poster: "Garry F." <garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>

I am figuring on going to a 6" secondary wound area would be 30 inches of
awg wire.

Anyone know about how many pounds of wire this would be? I suspect somewhere
between a pound and two pounds.