Re: An inexpensive X-ray machine

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Brian" <ka1bbg1-at-mcttelecom-dot-com>
>
> Hello, here I go again; I thought that an Oudin Coil the primary voltage was
> additive to the total secondary voltage. Ie secondary connected to the top
> of primary and bottom grounded as shown in the second and third website but
> not in the first web site. The first site (www.physics...) looks more like a
> tesla coil grounded. maybe all my tc's were Oudins after all??

I would say that the term "Oudin coil" in that web site is incorrect.
That is a regular Tesla coil. Both forms can be made electrically
equivalent, with exactly the same behavior. In a properly tuned
Oudin coil, when the output voltage is maximum, the voltage over the
primary section is zero, exactly as happens in a Tesla coil.
I will try to look at the books from where I took that pictures to
see exactly who was Oudin and what he did.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz