Australian Newbie

Hiya.

I'm a total newbie [I can hear you groaning from here :P]- I'm looking at
making a coil similar to the specs -at-
http://www.fwpd-dot-net/dona/tesla/teslacoil.htm
Finding major components [such as NST's and Caps] is not as easy as i
thought...  I have been donated a 3kV Microwave Transformer, but I am
hesitant to use it [pulling current doesn't appeal to me] - I read that I
should create the coil, and add the caps and transformer last- is this a
good idea?

I would appreciate any help concerning capacitor recommendations, which are
really confusing me. As this is my first coil I really want to balance the
equations with performance [Eg, I don't want to get too bogged down in
theory, but i still want an OK performing coil].

If anyone would be able to help me out with parts, or point me to a
commercial source [Australia preferably] I would really appriciate it.

Thanks.
QX