Re: my first secondary, and other stuff

Hi Henry, The sticker should not matter, and the bumps and small gaps in
the coil should not affect anything.  Winding a good looking coil is part
of the learning curve.  Your first coil should work just fine.   The
first spark gap should be adjustable; say for starters, with a single gap
setup you could arrange the gap so it could be adjusted from about 1"
maximum wide open to almost closed.  You can do this real quick with two
pieces of threaded rod and nuts on a pair of crude wood standoffs with
holes bored in them to accept the rods, plain steel rods will work ok for
a beginner and they are inexpensive, its quick and dirty but it will give
you an idea or what to expect with a spark gap with a first coil.  Al.