Re: UPS powered coil?

Hi Terry,  I say fry the little bugger!  Give in to temptation!  Ouch.
But this is a neat idea for a portable coil!  I wonder if it would result
in less interference and noise generation in the tv cable/antenna system
since it would not be referenced to our common A.C. power grid assuming
of course you use your coil with a isolated ground or as a 1/2 wave
device with a 'floating' ground (no earth connection)?  Or are all spark
gap devices just inherent 'noise' makers no matter what?  I would like to
see how this plays out for you if you do decide to use it.    Al.