Re: copper plating

Marc,

Electroplating requires a very clean direct current. A car battery is more
than enuff voltage and you should use a current limiting resistance. I would
avoid using an AC rectifier because of the ripple. Use pure DC. The capacitor
serves no purpose. The current should be kept low for a smooth finish. The
electrolyte should be a salt of the metal you are plating. Use copper sulfate
for plating copper and silver nitrate for silver. This is getting pricey. I
would use a metallic paint on a non-conducting surface. Bronzing sounds good
for copper because the bronze is an alloy of copper.  Powdered copper in
acetone might work.  Paint the surface with a very thin, smooth layer. Hope
this helps.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman

check out  http://dynatronix. com