Re: Why isn't it working

well i am speaking from my experience the salt water caps in my opinion are
junk i had the same problem with them. i built some plate caps in mineral oil
my spark length went from 1" to 24" i had no luck with them at all, salt water
bottle caps that is...
you will need around .0066uF for the pri. capacitor .00432uf might be a tad
low.

my static spark gap is 9 - 3/4" copper tubes in series. the spacing is  .025",
"i used a hacksaw blade to set the gap"

you can try adding more bottles and see what happens? my salt water caps were
beer bottles 12 ounce type wrapped with aluminum foil tape then wrapped with
electrical tape. each beer bottle was aprox 700pf had 9 of them. also had some
pint jars wrapped in the same manner 1200pf each had 6 of them tried mixing and
maching had no luck. then i made a flat plate cap with aluminum roof flashing
for plates and plexi glass for the dialect that worked much better but the
plexi glass got hot and warped could not handle the heat. so i went ahead and
built some flat plate type caps in oil haven't had no problems yet its been 6
months. still throwing flames..........:-)

did you try adjusting the primary coil? if that is out of tune it wont fire. if
i move my primary tap about a turn and a half nothing will happen.
hope this helps
Art