RE: JHCTES Ver 3.1 Program

Dick -

I thought I had covered your concerns about the Ver 3.1 program in our
previous private emails. Apparently you did not understand what I was trying
to point out to you. I will explain further.

The website you refer to is recommending a primary capacitor of .005 uf for
your 15 KV/30 ma NST. This can cause your NST to operate in the resonant
charging mode and could destroy your NST and is the reason I do not
recommend this size capacitor. Apparently the website author is unaware of
this hazard and does not warn his readers.

Start the design process with the secondary circuit before the primary
circuit as I recommend in my "step by step" post to the Tesla List of June
3, 2000. Then design the primary circuit. The recommended size for the above
primary capacitor is shown in a graph in one of my books. When this
capacitor is changed the computer will change the primary coil turns so the
TC system will stay in tune.

The Ver 3.1 will show you the correct spark length provided you enter the
correct current in the program input. Your NST will produce a larger than
rated current in the resonant charging mode and this current will have to be
metered and entered into the program input. However, I understand you are
not designing a classical Tesla coil so this program should not be used.

John H. Couture