Re: First VTTC light, and a few questions

In a message dated 7/21/00 9:18:06 AM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< arge vacuum tubes (811's,833's, ect). I've been thinking about
 taking the tube coil leap lately and I already have several MOTs and also
 one beefy 2200v, 1A plate xfmr. Thanks in advance for your responses,

Hi David,
Wow, that plate transformer is a scary dangerous beast. Be careful, don't
drop it  :-))
I am intrigued to know the manufacturer and model number.

One source of tubes is Antique Electronics Supply in Tempe, Ariz.  A US made
811A is $39.70. 811s are pricey because it is a good tube for audio amps. I
picked up two
used 833As scrounging at AM transmitter sites. Rarer and better is the 833C
which has
big thick graphite plates. AES also lists the 838 which is a big 4-pin jumbo
socket tube.
The plate is graphite. AES won't list the price but I would guess it's around
$80.

You can also try ESRC in Boynton, Beach, Fla.   esrc-at-aol-dot-com

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman