Presentation results (was: In need of historical information)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Pyrotrons-at-aol-dot-com>

Thanks to all that posted URL's and referred books. I checked out Tesla: Man
Out of Time, and found it to be very helpful. I imagine I will bring it home
tomorrow, and read it cover-to-cover. Good book.

My presentation overall went pretty well. Trying to get 20 people to
understand how a Tesla coil works is a bit tough - especially when you only
have 15 minutes!! I explained to one person that if I botched the
presentation, they would love the video.

Well I didn't actually botch it, but it could've been better had I stuck to
my notes ; ) They did love the video of our (Aron and my) 10kVA coil burning
up a wooden ladder. On the coil's first light, Aron was inside the workshop
running the coil and I was watching it outside. I wasn't used to long runs,
but Aron obviously was. I was getting nervous after about 1.5 minutes, and
started yelling at Aron over the coil noise.

Then my shadow was caught running in front of the video camera....so
hilarious. They loved it.

Thanks again for the references, take care.

Justin Hays
KC5PNP
Email: pyrotrons-at-aol-dot-com
Webpage: www.hvguy-dot-com