Re: NST protection

Hi Simon,

I would tap the 11th pipe or whatever to reduce the firing voltage of the
main gap.  It sounds like the safety gaps are fine so reducing the main
gaps voltage just a bit is called for.

You may notice that the streamer length goes down slightly but that is the
way it is.  Often people notice that the wider the gaps the longer the
arcs.  So they keep making them wider, and wider, and POW!!...  Most people
find it is better to have a little shorter arcs for years than longer arcs
for 10 seconds...

Cheers,

	Terry

BTW - I will send this to the whole list.  I meant to do that with the last
post but I pushed the wrong button ;-))