NST protection

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hi Terry, thanks for your quick reply

The saftey gaps are arcing continously, they are set at a distance of about
1/2cm
When I try to open them even just a little, the circuit begin sto arc
again. My spark gap is made of about 12 peices of copper piping in a 6" PVC
pipe [Like don's]. They are screwed into place[ Lack of foresight] but are
pretty close together, [it is hard to jam folded paper in b/w them]

I was wondering what to do.. It seems strange that it would prefer to arc
over a lot of wood instead of a tiny gap..

Thanks,
Simon