NST protection

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston" <quantumx-at-mail.ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hey again.
I was having a look getting parts for the NST protection scheme..

Do these parts seem ok?

 Cap Cer 3kV Z5U 10mm LS.0033uF
  Disc Ceramic 3n3/3300p/332

   Max operating voltage: 275VAC
   Pulse energy rating: 20 joules
   Peak pulse current: 2000Amps
   Device types: VE17M0275K, TNR15G321K, IN140431

Also - I have seen someone hook up his NST directly to his [static] spark
gab.. Is this OK, or will it do some damage?

And finally, on my NST, it still has a circuit attached, which is
heatsinked and labelled "HALSTROM: OCM-2 <lf> Open Circuit Monitor"..
should I just leave this in place or rip it off?

Thanks again,
Simon